Main Street Foot and Ankle Care prides itself as the longest running podiatric practice in Ocean County, providing quality care to our patients for 52 years.
Recently, our practice has undergone extensive renovations for the comfort of our patients. Our spacious new waiting area, additional treatment rooms, and state-of-the-art equipment help us provide the best care possible. We strive to better ourselves every day.
Unique to our practice are several modalities that aid in diagnosing and treating your foot pathology. Those special services include:
Foot x-rays - Available on premises for your convenience for immediate diagnosis of foot and ankle pathology.
Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) - Our physicians are certified in EWST, which is a new and innovative way to treat patients with chronic heel pain. This non-invasive treatment promotes new tissue growth and healing, making it an ideal alternative to surgery.
Footmaxx Orthosis - This state-of-the-art system uses computer aided pressure analysis of your gait pattern to help fabricate a custom-molded orthosis.
Digital X-Rays - Here at Main Street Foot & Ankle we have a state of the art digital x-ray machine few podiatry offices have to offer. It allows us to view an x- ray at an extremely high resolution.
We can magnify the x-ray and pick up hard to distinguish stress fractures and other bone abnormalities. It also allows us to quickly draw orthopedic angles to check the alignment of your feet and help us choose the proper surgical procedure.
Ultrasound - Ultrasound is a very effective tool for treating and diagnosing a wide variety of foot and ankle problems. This is especially true for soft tissue problems.
Common problems for which ultrasound may be prescribed include:
- Heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries of the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage.
- Morton‘s neuroma.
- Presence of foreign bodies.
- Soft tissue masses.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
- Tendonitis or tears in a tendon.
Ultrasound uses sound waves on the body in a way much like radar uses sound waves. The waves hit a targeted area and are bounced back to a recording device, which produces an image based on a set of transmitted waves.
Ultrasound is a completely safe and painless diagnostic procedure.
In addition, we also offer the following care:
Medical and surgical treatment of:
- Comprehensive care of foot and foot related disorders
- Non-surgical treatment of athletic injuries and other foot disorders through biomechanical analysis and functional shoe inserts called orthotics
- Reconstructive foot surgery
- Work related injuries
- Endoscopic heel surgery
- Physical therapy for the rehabilitation of foot and ankle disorders
- Biomechanical analysis and functional orthotic fabrication
- Arch Disorders
- Heel Spurs
- Ingrown Toenails
- Reconstructive Foot Surgery
- Trauma and Athletic Injuries
- Non-surgical Treatment for Neuromas
- Tendon and Joint Pain
- Sports injuries
- Diabetic care
- Infections and ulcerations
- Burning pain
- Soft tissue masses and tumors